Thursday, August 23, 2012

 My Discourse Community Blog!

My longest blog to date, is about the Discourse community. What's a discourse community? its the way you talk or act around different groups of people and the vocabulary that you use when you are around specific groups. the three i am going to blog about are, My Church, My parents, and My friends. I guarantee, most people do NOT have all the same vocabulary/discourse community when around everyone in there daily lives. It"s a kind of adaptable thing we as humans do to communicate, to be specific with close people.


My first discourse community- the Ada Chapel Bible Methodist Church! of course, the church life of anyone should be a really talked about discourse community. People are always nice and kind at my church, because we all know each other for the most part and respect and love one-another. so, we have nicer discourse community without all the vulgar language. Words or statements used for example: Salvation, "my walk with Christ", Father, Lord, Dear Heavenly Father, and many more examples of my Church discourse community verbiage are available.


My second discourse community- parents, surely everyone talks about this one, because i am 100% certain not every child talks to their parents like they do to friends. It's just not teenage like to have complete honesty, in terms of child talking-to-parent. Examples of my verbiage are- "im hungry", "did you bring anything home to eat?", "how did you get up before me, you always sleep late?", "come down here and watch t.v. with me!", "i want 2 Bacon egg and cheese Mc Griddles", and last but not least, "son, its times like these were you have to thank the Lord for letting you hit the golf-ball in the fairway", "TKD", "son, you have the prettiest blue eyes, but only because i made them".


My third and final discourse community is, my friends.- Every kid that has 'em, eventually develops their own discourse community, in about two minutes of meeting each other. Most all friendships thrive on words that relate to special things in their relationships. Whether it be things that makes them laugh, or happy, or cheers them up, whatever the case may be. Examples for me are as follows: "It's a Trap", "i want a pepsi max", "lets watch a disney movie", "Honey badger don't care", "o.k. princess", "Your best friend's a Gater?", "Senior Field Agent", "the Goodside", "How come you have betrayed us?, thats just one more person im gonna have to waste boot-power on", "Whatcha got to eat?", "im gonna beat you in Halo", "no, not even in your dreams, infact, the only way i would lose in Halo to you, is if God decided to chop my hands off so i couldnt use the controller, and i still have a 99.99993 percent win rate if i played using my toes". "true dat", "that's whats up", "burnt your biscuits", "nothing", "bring me, a shrubbery", "(evil clown laugh)", "why dont we just tag-team and shoot him since he is in the way of us shooting each other".



















No comments:

Post a Comment