Thursday, October 18, 2012

(new) entitled to opinion part 2

I disagree, because his point of view on all of this is to basically try to be right all of the time. Being right all the time isn't worth it. We gotta lose sometimes. Honestly, i kinda drudged my way through reading this because it was a great deal of nothing but boring to me. But, that's just my opinion. And apparently, i'm not entitled to it. If we weren't entitled to our opinions and acted on them, no American would be American , because if the colonists hadn't decided to rebel from Great Britain (they weren't entitled to their opinion, but they still did what they thought was best, to separate from them) there would've been no revolution, thus we would probably be a great big colony for England to this day. Just food for thought "Mr. Thinker"
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


(10-18-12)

In Patrick Stokes, Lecturer and Philosopher at Deacon University's Article, "No Your not Entitled to Your Opionion", the author claims that in order for you to be right, you must know what you are talking about. I agree to that much, but once again, i disagree with his attitude, because it doesnt matter if im right or wrong, i can still have an opinion. If you dont like my opinion, you stink! (Once again, me showing off my opinion skills, lol). I am in the half-and-half boat on this, because he comes off as arrogant to me, even though he might be correct to a certain point (like i mentioned earlier).

No comments:

Post a Comment